Start and join video meetings, see your schedule, reply to invitations, and keep track of your to-do lists without leaving your current app.
In this section:
Start a video meeting
Start a video meeting from Gmail
- In the sidebar, click Start a meeting.
- In the Meet window, choose an option to join the meeting:
- To join using your computer’s camera for video and your computer's microphone for audio, click Join now.
- To join using your phone for audio, click Join and use a phone for audio and then follow the on-screen prompts. If you join by phone, you can still use your computer for video. For details, see Use a phone for audio in a video meeting.
- Once you are in the meeting, choose an option to add other people:
- To share the meeting code with someone, click Copy joining info, then paste the info into a messaging app.
- To invite someone by sending them an email, click Add people, enter names or email addresses, then click Send invite.
- To invite someone to join the meeting by phone, click Add people, then click Call and enter a phone number.
Join a video meeting
In the sidebar, click Join a meeting.
- Enter a meeting code or nickname.
- G Suite users can share a nickname with people in their organization as a fast way to join a meeting.
- Click Join.
- Open Calendar: On the right, click Calendar .Your daily events and a mini monthly calendar appear.
- See event details: Click an event to open it and see details.
- Reply to an event: Open an event. At the bottom, next to Going?, click a reply.
To do more with Calendar, see Get started with Calendar.
- Open Google Keep: On the right, click Keep .
- Add a note or list: Click + Take a note or New list .
- Edit a note: Click a note and enter a message. Click Done.
To do more with Keep, see Get started with Keep.
- Open Google Tasks: On the right, click Tasks . The current list appears at the top, with any tasks below it.
- Add a new list: Click the Down arrow Create a new list.
- Change lists: Click the Down arrow and select a list.
- Add a new task: Click + Add a task. To add a new task from an email, drag the email into a task list.
- Edit or delete a task: Point to a task and click Edit . From the Edit window, click Delete to delete a task.
To do more with Tasks, see Get started with Tasks.
Customize Gmail with add-ons.
- On the right, click Add-ons . A list of add-ons opens in the G Suite Marketplace.
- Click an add-on.
- Click Install.