Gmail has email, chat, spaces, and meetings—all your online communication streams—in one familiar place.
Gmail is a powerful home for work, where messages, tasks, and teams come together. Use the infographic below to choose the right communication channel for any task, all from within Gmail.
|If you previously used...||Read this guide...|
Other email providers, such as:
What you'll learn:
HCL Notes (formerly IBM Notes)
Where was your email before?
|If you previously used...||Then...|
Choose one of the following:
|HCL Notes (formerly IBM Notes)||Set import options in Gmail. For details, go to Check emails from other accounts.|
Other webmail providers, such as:
Set import options in Gmail. For details, go to Check emails from other accounts.
- Add a profile picture to your email
- Add a background theme to your inbox
- Create events right from your inbox
- Get your daily agenda in your inbox
- Undo sending your mail
- Create email templates
- Highlight an important email message
- Mute email conversations
- Send & save large attachments in Drive
- Automatically add events from Gmail
- Schedule email to send later
- Correct spelling and grammar in Gmail
- See new messages at the top of a thread
- See if someone's immediately available
- Multitask with spaces
- Get more space for labels
- Get notifications for new email
- Use a reading pane in Gmail
- Send email and schedule meetings for a group
- Create task-specific email addresses
- Reply inline to email
- Snooze emails or reminders until later
- Forward an email as an attachment
- Add the Gmail app widget
- Pin important spaces or direct messages
- Send chat messages to your inbox
- Know when a recipient reads your email
- Label and sort messages with filters
- Filter Calendar responses from Gmail
- Type email in different languages
- Make Gmail your default email program
- Sign in to multiple accounts at once
- Send mail from multiple addresses
- Do more with add-ons and scripts
- Create professional-looking newsletters
- Protect messages with confidential mode
- Protect against malicious website links in Gmail
- Use Gmail to send a PDF from Acrobat
- Get email from another email platform
- Delegate email to support staff
If you're an executive assistant, or filling in while someone is away, you can compose and respond to Gmail messages on someone else's behalf.
Customize Gmail to fit the way you work. Choose to prioritize messages automatically (Priority Inbox), categorize email (tabbed inbox), or show several inboxes in one view (multiple inboxes).
Learn how to manage spam and other unwanted messages in your Gmail inbox.
Are you lost in your inbox or spending hours in a maze of folders? Here are 10 ways to set up your inbox so you can focus on the important tasks.
Email is great, but sometimes it becomes overwhelming. Use these tips to help you communicate more effectively and get out of conversation chaos.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.