Single Sign-On with Android
Some Google Apps for Business, Education, and Government customers use a Single Sign-On (SSO) solution for users to sign-in to their Google Apps accounts. If this is the case with your organization, follow the steps below to sync your Google Apps account with your Android device.
Depending on your SSO service, you should only need to do this process once. Google Apps customers without SSO should instead follow these setup instructions.
- Google Apps for Business, Education, or Government domain configured for SSO
- Android 2.1+ device
Sign in to your Google Apps account via SSO:
- Add your Google account.
- Android 2.1-2.3 users add your account by going to Settings > Accounts and sync > Add account > Google.
- Android 3.0+ users add your account by going to Settings > Add account > Google.
- Touch Next and sign in with your mobile browser.
- Android 2.1-2.3 users touch Menu > Browser sign-in, in the bottom right corner.
- Android 3.0+ users touch Existing account > Menu > Browser sign-in.
- Sign in entering your Google Apps email address and leave the password field blank.
- You'll be redirected to your SSO login page. Enter your SSO username and password here. This will likely be your corporate or school password.
- Touch Grant Access if you're asked to grant access for the device (so it can stay signed in to your account).
- Your account will be added to the Android device. The next screen displays Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, and other Google services syncing with your device. You can choose which services to sync.