With G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GSSMO), you can access the same tasks you see in Outlook, from a Task gadget in Gmail. Your primary Tasks folder in Outlook syncs with your primary task list in Gmail. And other top-level task folders you create in Outlook sync with separate task lists in Gmail.
When accessing tasks from the Gmail Task gadget, here are a few things to note.
From Gmail's Task gadget you can...
- Add tasks and mark them as completed. Tasks you add here appear in Outlook tasks, too!
- Update notes, and change due dates. These same notes and due date sync to Outlook.
- Create new Task lists, which show up as separate Task folders in Outlook.
However, you can't...
- Modify start dates, progress status, or reminders. The Gmail Task gadget doesn't store start dates or reminders, or sync them with your other Outlook clients. But you can still add this information in Outlook directly.
- View or add categories. Again, G Suite doesn't have categories or sync them with your other devices. But you can still use them directly in Outlook.
- Create Task subfolders. Gmail's Task gadget doesn't nest Task lists, nor does it sync nested lists with other Outlook clients. So if you want Task subfolders, you'll need to create them in Outlook directly.