With Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO), you can use Outlook Tasks to track and manage to-do lists in your Google Workspace account. If you use Outlook on other computers, you can access your tasks there, too. This is because your tasks in Outlook are synchronized with the Task gadget in Gmail, which in turn syncs them with any other device where you use Google Workspace.
The following information in Outlook Tasks synchronizes with your Task gadget in Gmail, and is available from other devices where you use Google Workspace:
- Tasks, including notes and due dates—Create tasks in Outlook by including notes and adding due dates. These appear in your Task gadget in Gmail and on other devices where you use Outlook with GWSMO.
- Marking tasks as completed—Check tasks off in Outlook and they'll be marked as completed in your Task gadget and on your other Outlook clients.
- Top-level task folders—Task folders you create at the top level of Outlook Tasks appear as separate task lists in Gmail's Task gadget and as folders on your other Outlook clients.
The following features work great in Outlook but they don't sync to Google Workspace or to other devices where you use Outlook:
- Task subfolders—You can place tasks in subfolders of Task folders you create in Outlook, and the tasks sync with Gmail and other Outlook clients. However, the subfolders don't sync as separate lists. Instead, their tasks appear in the parent folder.
- Categories, start dates, progress status, and reminders—These items work great in Outlook but they don't sync to Google Workspace or your other Outlook clients.
- Recurring tasks—Works in Outlook, but only the first task syncs to Google Workspace and other Outlook clients.
There are a few features that aren't available in Outlook or Google Workspace:
- Task delegation—You can't have another person manage your tasks as a delegate.
- Assigning tasks to others—If you assign a task to another person in Outlook, the assignment doesn't sync with Google Workspace. As a result, the other person appears to own the task in your local Outlook client, but they won't receive the assignment in their account.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.