Resync or repair Outlook data
If, when using G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO), you notice any problems with your data in Outlook, such as missing emails or calendar events, try repairing your local profile by resynchronizing with the cloud. You can resync your mail, personal contacts, calendars, or global addresses, as described below.
- If you delete and resync your calendars, GSSMO might start syncing different calendars than before. If this happens, just reselect which calendars you want to sync. For details, see view and manage your calendars. If you delete and resync your personal contacts, empty Contact folders are removed from Outlook, so you'll need to recreate them, as well. Click the GSSMO icon in your Windows system tray and choose View sync status.
- In the Synchronization Status dialog, click Resync next to Google Contacts, Google Calendar, or whatever data you want to resync.
- In the dialog that opens, select one of the following options:
- Overwrite: Overwrites your local profile with data from the cloud, updating just the data type you selected (mail, contacts, or calendars). This option preserves Outlook-specific data such as follow-up flags, color categories, and distribution lists. Try this option first, to see if it fixes your problem.
- Delete and resync: Deletes data from your Outlook profile, then resyncs with the cloud to repopulate your profile with data from Google. Applies only for the data type you selected (global address book, mail, contacts, or calendars). Choose this option only after trying the Overwrite option.
Important: The delete and resync option removes Outlook-specific data from your local profile. This includes all data that isn't stored by Google, such as follow-up flags, color categories, calendar attachments, distribution lists (if you resync your contacts), and more. However, it does so only for the data type you're syncing. You can therefore repair your calendars without losing mail categories, or repair your mail without losing distribution lists from your contacts. For details on what doesn't get synced with Google and would therefore be lost when using this option, see What's synchronized between Outlook and G Suite?
- Click Resync.
You can continue to work during the resync. Messages are delivered immediately. Incoming messages appear in your Inbox after the resync is complete.