About G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook
GSMMO used to be know as Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GAMMO).
G Suite Migration for Microsoft® Outlook (GSMMO) is a desktop utility that lets Microsoft Outlook users import existing mail, personal contacts, and calendar events from a Microsoft Exchange account or PST file into any G Suite account. You can configure and run your migration by stepping through an easy-to-follow wizard. You can also run the utility as a command line tool.
With GSMMO, you can:
- Import mail, calendars, and personal contacts, either all at once or in separate stages
- Import only mail sent before or after a specific date
- Skip importing junk email and deleted items
- Exclude specific mail folders from being imported (requires running the command-line utility)
- Monitor the progress of your migration
- Easily pause and resume the migration
- Run subsequent migrations that import only new data (not data that's already been imported)
Note: GSMMO imports only your personal contacts, not your organization's Global Address List. Global addresses are instead imported by your domain administrator using a utility such as Google Cloud Directory Sync.