Import your Outlook data later
You can import your old Outlook data with G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO) at any time. If you use Exchange, you can import right from your Exchange profile. Otherwise, you need to export your data to a PST file and import that.
- From your Windows Start menu, click All Programs GSSMO Import data to GSSMO.
If you receive an error message, you need to install a separate tool to import data. See enable my import options.
- If prompted, sign in to your Google Account.
- Choose an option:
- If you want to import data directly from an Exchange profile, select the profile name.
- If you exported your data from Outlook to a PST file, choose From a PST file. Browse to the file on your computer.
- Check the boxes to specify what type of data to import. For details, see What's synchronized between Outlook and G Suite.
- If you already imported data into this account, choose an option. (If you're importing for the first time, either option is OK):
- Import only data that has not been imported previously—Choose this option to resume a migration that didn't fully complete (say, if you had to turn your computer off), or to import data that arrived after your first import.
- Import all data (may cause duplicates)—If you already have data in your Google Account, this option will duplicate contacts, tasks, and notes. It will also overwrite your existing calendar data. Email messages, however, won't be duplicated. Choose this option for your first import. Or, if you've deleted all previously imported data from this account and want to import all your data again.
- Click Next to begin your import.
Learn more about what to expect when you import data.