This article is for Google Workspace users. To begin administering GWSMO, go to GWSMO Admin Help.
Installing Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) also installs Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO), which lets you migrate your Outlook data to your new Google Account. We recommend using this migration product if you want to stop using Outlook entirely.
Before you begin
- If you haven't already, sign in to your Google Account to accept Google's Terms and Conditions.
- Make sure that you install GWSMO on the computer where you use Outlook.
- Before you install GWSMO, make sure Outlook is not running.
- Anti-virus software, firewalls, and third-party applications with access to your Outlook PST files can prevent GWSMO from working. If you have problems installing GWSMO, turn off these applications temporarily and try again.
- Review these system requirements for your computer.
Before continuing with the installation, install any updates to your version of Outlook or Windows.
- Go to the GWSMO download page and click Download GWSMO.
- To install GWSMO, open the installer and follow the instructions.
Install GWSMO based on your version of Windows:
- Windows 7 and up—From the Start menu, click Microsoft System CenterSoftware CenterApplicationsGoogle Workspace SyncInstall.
For more information on Software Center, consult your Microsoft documentation.
- Earlier versions of Windows—In Control Panel, click Run Advertised ProgramsGoogle Workspace SyncRun.
From the Start menu, click Set up a Google Workspace Sync user.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.