You can customize certain Gmail and calendar settings on your Apple iOS device.
When you delete Google Workspace email messages using the iOS Mail app, Gmail archives the email instead of deleting it. If you’d prefer to send the email to Trash in Google Workspace, follow these steps:
- On your iOS device, go to Google Sync settings.
- Check the Enable "Delete Email As Trash" for this device box.
If you delete a message by mistake, you can find it by signing in to Gmail (browser or app) and going to Trash. Emails in Trash are permanently deleted after 30 days.
Sync Google Workspace calendars to your device
You can sync up to 25 calendars with the iOS Calendar app on your device.
- Open the Chrome or Safari browser on your device and go to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/.
- Sign in with your account and select your device from the list of devices.
- Select the calendars you want to sync, and tap Save.
- Bookmark this page so you can return to it easily.
Experiencing setup or sync issues? See the Known Issues page.
Set up calendar notifications
You can choose whether to have notifications for events. You can get notifications by email or in Google Calendar. For details, see Change or turn off Calendar notifications.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.