Sometimes, when you're trying to import data using Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) the importing options are dimmed.
Why can't I view the import options?
- You were upgraded from a version of GWSMO before version 2.1.
- Your administrator downloaded GWSMO for you without also making the Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO) product available.
What do I need to do?
You need to install the separate GWMMO migration product before you can import data.
- Go to the GWMMO download page.
- Click Download GWMMO.
- To install GWMMO, open the installer and follow the instructions. Learn more
- Return to GWSMO and select an option:
- If you’ve already created a Google Workspace profile in Outlook—Import data into your existing profile. For details, go to Import your Outlook data later.
- If you haven't yet created a Google Workspace profile in Outlook—Create a profile so you can import data. For details, go to Recreate or replace your profile.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.