In Gmail, add support staff as delegates to an account so they can monitor and reply to incoming questions. Replies can come from a generic email address, such as it‑firstname.lastname@example.org, instead of an individual email address.
Add delegates to a Gmail account
Before you begin: If you want to add delegates to a generic email address and haven't set it up, ask your administrator to create a Gmail account for the generic email address.
- On your computer, sign in to the account in Gmail.
- At the top, click Settings See all settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- Next to Grant access to your account, click Add another account.
- Enter the email addresses of the people or the Google group you want to add as delegates.
- Click Next StepSend email to grant access.
Delegates get an email asking them to confirm. After they confirm the request, it can take up to 24 hours to see delegates on the account. The email invitation expires after a week.
If a delegate can’t access the account, verify that your administrator disabled the option to Require user to change password at next sign-in. For details on where your administrator can find this setting, go to Add an account for a new user.