In Gmail, add support staff as delegates to an account so they can monitor and reply to incoming questions. Replies can come from a support alias, such as it‑email@example.com, instead of an individual email address.
Add delegates to a Gmail account
Before you begin: Ask your administrator to create a Gmail account for the support alias.
- On your computer, sign in to the support alias account in Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings See all settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- Next to Grant access to your account, click Add another account.
- Enter the email addresses of the support people you want to add as delegates.
- Click Next StepSend email to grant access.
Delegates get an email asking them to confirm. After they confirm the request, it can take up to 24 hours to see delegates on the account.
If a delegate can’t access the account, verify that your administrator disabled the option to Require user to change password at next sign-in.
Note: The email invitation expires after a week.