This feature is only available for iPhones and iPads with iOS 14 and later.
Quickly compose an email, open your inbox, or search for email using the Gmail app widget on your iPhone or iPad.
Note: If you recently installed the Gmail app, you might need to open the app before you can add the widget.
Add the Gmail app widget
- On your iPhone or iPad, touch and hold an empty area on the home screen.
- At the top, tap Add .
- Scroll down and tap the Gmail app .
- Tap Add Widget.
- Tap an empty area on your home screen.
You can use any account connected to the Gmail app with the widget.
- On your iPhone or iPad, touch and hold the Gmail app widget.
- Tap Edit Widget.
- Select the account that you want to use.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.