In Google Meet, you can start or open a jam with Google Jamboard during a video meeting. Jamboard is a virtual whiteboard where you can brainstorm ideas with others.
Start or open a jam during a video meeting
Important: To start or open a jam, you must join the video meeting from a computer.
- At the bottom right, click More options Whiteboard.
- Do one of the following actions:
- To create a new jam, click Start a new whiteboard.
- To open an existing jam from Drive, shared drives, or from your computer, click Choose from Drive.
The jam opens in a new tab. Everyone in the meeting gets a link to the jam in the Meet chat. Jams are saved in My Drive.
Give edit access to a jam
As the Jamboard host, you need to give edit access to these participants (everyone else gets edit access automatically):
- Anyone who joins the meeting after the jam is shared
- People outside your organization
- Google Workspace for Education users
- In a jam, click Share.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to share with.
- Next to the email address, select Editor access.
- Click Send.