In Google Meet, you can start or open a jam with Google Jamboard during a video meeting. Jamboard is a virtual whiteboard where you can brainstorm ideas with others.
Start or open a jam during a video meeting
Important: To start or open a jam, you must join the video meeting from a computer.
- Open Meet.
- From a video meeting, at the bottom, click Activities Whiteboarding.
- Choose an option:
- To create a new jam, click Start a new whiteboard.
- To open an existing jam from Drive, shared drives, or from your computer, click Choose from Drive.
The jam opens in a new tab. Everyone in the meeting gets a link to the jam in the Meet chat. Jams are saved in My Drive.
Give edit access to a jam
As the Jamboard host, you need to give edit access to these participants (everyone else gets edit access automatically):
- Anyone who joins the meeting after the jam is shared
- People outside your organization
- Google Workspace for Education users
- In a jam, click Share.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to share with.
- Next to the email address, select Editor access.
- Click Send.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.