Here’s how you can make Gmail the default mail app on your iPhone or iPad.
Important: The following instructions apply to iOS 14 and up.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Gmail app installed on your device.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Settings .
- Scroll down and tap Gmail .
- Tip: You can also search for the Gmail app with the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap Default Mail App.
- Tap Gmail .
Add Gmail to your dock
- Tap and hold the Gmail app .
- Drag the Gmail app down, and release it on your dock.