/a/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Family groups aren't available for G Suite accounts
I would like to subscribe to Google music using and share with my family.  I have recommended G-Suite to every with kids so they control their kids phones and various other things.  

Looks like Google music family plan are not supported, I get "Family groups aren't available for G Suite accounts".   Googling does not provide an answer expect G Suite is not meant for families ... wait, that does not make sense to me.   That is why I signed up in the first plan.

Is this true, a Google family music plan cannot be used for users that are part of G Suite?  That is like Google saying they don't want my money.  

Google, should I take my music streaming business else where?

What are my next steps if any?
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (12)
Google Workspace PE /Google Groups PE
Relevant Answer
HI Admin Bohr,
Welcome  to G Suite Administrator Community 

for the  Family  Groups you will need  a  Gmail.com account  as  Gsuite  is mainly for  Business 

_______

LMcKin51 

GSuite Admin Community  -  Products Expert

This forum is mostly monitored and managed by Product Experts which are not Google employees. 

Product Experts  are some of the most active, knowledgeable, and dedicated people in Google’s Help Forums. When they’re not answering questions in the forums, you might find them testing new features or advocating for product changes. 

Product experts  are trusted partners, connecting regularly with Google to stay in-the-know about new and improved product features.

If a reply answers your question, please click the Recommend Button to mark it as  Best answer

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Saying that G Suite is mainly for business needs to stop. Google needs to get their heads out of the sand and wake up. Using an @gmail.com address shows lack of creativity. I’m sure that Google is well aware that there are countless families out there utilizing G Suite for family use. After all, it is 2019, and some families would like to bring their own domain to the Google platform and use all that Google has. There is absolutely no reason that already paying G Suite customers should continue to be second class citizens to non-paying, free account users on the Families feature or any other features of Google. Paying G Suite customers should have any and all features that non-paying customers have, before non-paying customers get them. Otherwise, create a G Suite account offering tailored specifically for families and allow us to convert our accounts over without any data loss whatsoever. Many others on your support forums would agree with me.
marked this as an answer
Google Workspace PE /Google Groups PE
Relevant Answer
I don't make the Decissions on GSuite Policies all i know those are not supported on Gsuite.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
So get someone in here that make the "Decisions". SHM.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is beyond frustrating - I signed up my family for a "Google Apps for Domains" as Google recommended it for families, churches, small groups, etc.etc.  This was before Android.  A year ago I was on the phone with someone from Google trying to get the family sharing to work - I was treated rudely and told I shouldn't have signed up for a business account.  I have years and large quantities of e-mails, movies, books, photos, music with this account, these are all my kids have known their whole lives.  I am upset and tired of being a second class citizen. If I can't share like regular account users for things like music - why was I ever allowed to buy them or movies?  Why limit and punish the people who have been loyal to you the most and the longest?  At least give us a well defined way to move these accounts over - but really - why should there be any limitation?

Think of the irony - I can use this same e-mail address and sign up for Apple music, or spotify, or Amazon and get family sharing.  I have seen many people on these forums just give up on Google because of their disdain for those of us who followed your lead and guidance.  It isn't right and it needs to be fixed now!

Please quit hiding from this, be upfront, give us options - and really - just fix it!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google-

Can you please explain why you're building apps that exclude support for GSuite accounts? There are a bunch of us out here who are frustrated by this direction in part because Google's communication about the constraint, and about the motivations for the constraint, are abysmal.

If you're trying to get out of an obligation to support old GSuite accounts, just fess up to that and we'll move on. I'd pay (begrudgingly) for my family's accounts if that's that it took to get Family Link, shared music, etc.

What I mostly want is clarity about Google's intentions.

As it is, you're dragging us all through hours of frustration and headache because of these poorly communicated restrictions on GSuite accounts.

Frustratingly,
Reece
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Come on guys, 
This is seriously an annoying issue. 
I am getting the "Family groups aren't available for G Suite accounts" as well when trying to share my youtube premium with my own accounts.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue.  Frustrating to say the least.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can't understand why this policy exists... I really need this feature.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Been asking for this compatibility for months if not years...  
Basic Google compatibility between its own products is rather shocking.

Gmail person or work = Gsuite not compatible for families is the actual answer there from the admin members, instead for feeding this request upwards for paying users (families) buying more services.

Busy deciding on which home automation system and music and movies to use as one preferred partner!

PS: much Feedback given on multiple platforms and still no constructive answers. Admin Members; this is your opportunity to actually be an admin not just a bot for answering where the wiki links are.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. If they aren't interested in fixing this then I'm moving my personal (family) gsuite and business gsuite accounts over to Microsoft Outlook, then I will be able to use our email addresses with YouTube family. Google are leaving us with no choice but to migrate platforms away from them!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is class action material. How is it that if i purchase a movie I MUST pay for subscription forever if i want to watch it? This is not a free account and I have a money loss if i decide to switch to another service (isn't it an infringment of Anti Trust policies?). On top of it if they change policy there is no way to settle the argument, absurd.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/a/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic