As an administrator, you can turn new Sites on or off for people in your organization. We recommend that you enable new Sites for your organization, due to the upcoming Transition from classic Sites to new Sites.
- In your Admin console, make sure that Sites is turned on for your organization.
- Verify that Drive is turned on for your organization.
Control who uses new Sites in your organization
Before you begin: To turn a service on or off for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or add them to an access group (to allow access for users across or within departments).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceSites.
- Click New Sites.
- Click Site creation and editing.
By default, Users can edit sites and Allow users to create new sites are enabled.
- Make sure that these settings are enabled for the organizational units you want them enabled for.
- (Optional) For the organizational units you don’t want creating or editing in Sites, turn off these settings and click Save.
If you’re preparing for the classic Sites transition, after you enable creation and editing of sites in new Sites, disable site creation in classic Sites. Follow the steps under Disable creating classic Sites.