If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to G Suite Basic to get this feature.
If a user leaves your organization you can keep their posts and data from Currents by archiving them. An archived user (AU) license is a separate license from a full user. With archiving you can maintain an AU’s data more securely, while preventing them from accessing Currents or other G Suite services.
Archiving users preserves the user’s posts and profile data. Polls, poll votes, photos, and other data is also preserved, but it may take up to 7 days for them to appear in the home stream. Archived and suspended user data can also be searched for with the search bar.
Note: You will need an archived user license for this process. To learn more about buying this license, read View and buy Archived User licenses.
Allowlist your domain for user archive in Currents
Archiving users for Currents is off by default. To allowlist your domain for archived users in Currents please contact support.
Note: Deleted users and users who were suspended before May 4th, 2019 cannot have their data archived. Once you've allowlisted your domain, posts by all suspended or archived users in your domain will be visible and archived going forward.
Delete user information
A user may reach out to your organization to ask for their Currents data to be deleted. If a user wants their data removed from Currents follow these steps:
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteCurrents.
- Click Profiles.
- To the left of the user click the checkbox.
- In the upper right click Delete Profiles.
- At the bottom of the window click the required checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Wait for the process to finish and click OK.
Note: It can take up to 48 hours for data from an archived or suspended user to change in Currents.
Archived accounts are not searchable after 24 hours
Workaround: It may take 72 hours for an archived users data to become searchable in Currents.
Archived users show as "Suspended" in the Currents Profile Explorer in the Admin Console
Workaround: Archived users are displayed as archived under the Users panel, not the Currents Explorer page.
When using the Archived User SKU for Currents, not all data will be made available. The following data will not be supported:
- Profile picture displays on posts or comments for suspended and archived accounts
- Pictures posted by archived users in posts
- Archived user’s profile page
- Archived users mentions in posts
- Archived user poll vote counts
- Archived users in Followers/Following lists
- Suspended users in Search prompts by users who follow them
- Archived users in public community member lists
- Polls created by suspended users
- Archived account Flickr profile photos for iOS
- Archived user contact sheets in Android