Port out Google Voice numbers
If your organization stops using Google Voice for G Suite, you can port out the phone numbers to another service provider. To port out the numbers, initiate the port request with the receiving service provider. Before you make the request, you need a PIN from Google Voice for numbers in the U.S. For numbers in Portugal, you need a CVP code.
Before you begin
- Don't cancel your Google Voice service until your new provider notifies you the port out is complete. Otherwise, the port request could be rejected.
- For U.S. ports, Google validates the address. The address in the port request needs to match the primary location you set up in the Admin console. Learn about Voice locations
- Some countries/regions might require more information.
Get a PIN or CVP for your port out request
To port out U.S. numbers, you need a PIN. To port out numbers in Portugal, you need a CVP code.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGoogle VoiceService Management.
- Click Ports.
The Ports window opens.
- In the top right, click More Port-Out Info.
The Admin console displays:
- The 10-digit PIN to validate port out requests of U.S. numbers.
- The 12-digit CVP code to validate port out requests of numbers in Portugal.
- Click Close.