Get started: Create a simple mailing list
(Optional) Turn off Groups for Business
If you want to prevent users from creating groups in your G Suite account, turn off Groups for Business.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps G Suite Groups for Business.
To see Apps, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
Select OFF for everyone, then click Save.
What happens when you...Turn off Groups for Business
If you turn off Groups for Business:
- Existing groups are not deleted—Groups that you or your users created remain in your G Suite account. This means that anyone who could previously send messages to the groups can still do so. To prevent the use of groups, you must also delete the groups.
- Existing groups remain in your Admin console—As an administrator, you'll still have access to all the groups in your account through the Admin console. Users, however, won't see them anymore on their My groups page or in the Groups directory.
- Groups for Business features are removed—Your groups will no longer have any of the features that were available through the Groups for Business service. This includes:
- Group discussion archives
- Email footers
- Subject line prefixes
- Custom reply-to addresses
- Email digests
- Message moderation
- Subscribe and unsubscribe options
If you later turn Groups for Business back on:
- Settings and data are restored—Your groups have the same settings and data that they had when you turned the service off. For example, if a group had a discussion archive, the archive is restored to that state it was in when you turned off Groups for Business.
- Deleted groups are not restored—If you delete any groups after turning off Groups for Business, those groups can't be restored.