When you change to Google Meet from another video conferencing system, you want to ensure a successful transition. To do this, you need to prepare and support your network and users so that they can successfully manage the change.
Prepare your network and hardware
To install and set up Google Meet hardware or Chromebox for meetings for your company or group:
- Read your welcome email.
- Review the system and service requirements.
- Unpack the box and check that all components are there.
- Install the hardware.
- Connect the cables.
For more details, see Install your Meet or Chromebox system.
As an administrator, you can:
Support your users
- Know how to use Google Meet.
- Be able to troubleshoot issues with video meetings and meeting rooms.
- Understand your users’ video meeting activity.
- Know what information to provide when contacting support.
Have your support team review the following resources:
Prepare your users for the change. You can hang posters, hand out guides, and send an email to help them with the switch.
For details, see Upgrade from classic Hangouts to Meet.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.