We don't want someone else to use your domain to sign up for Google Workspace. You can help us keep your domain safe by showing us that you are the owner.
How do I verify?
When you sign up for your Google service, you get a verification record that you copy and paste into your domain settings (usually stored with your domain host).
Need help with verification? Contact Google Workspace support for fast, personalized help that’s included with your Google Workspace subscription. Google Cloud support is available for customers with Silver, Gold, or Platinum support levels.
- In the Admin Console, on the Verify your domain and set up email page, click the link to open your domain host sign-in page in a new tab.
Note: If the Admin Console doesn’t provide a link to your domain, open the Dynadot® site in a new tab. Keep the Admin Console open in the first tab.
- At the top left of the Dynadot homepage, click Sign in.
- Enter the username and password you created when you bought your domain from Dynadot.
- Click Sign in.
- On the left, click My Domains Manage Domains.
- From the Manage Domains page, check the box next to the domain you want to verify with Google.
- Click Bulk Action DNS Settings.
- From the list, select Custom DNS.
- Open the instructions for the type of verification record you want to add to your domain’s DNS records. Add a TXT verification record (most common)
- Under Domain Record, from the Record Type list, select TXT.
- In the TXT Target Host field, paste the entire verification record that you copied in step 1.
- Under Time to Live (TTL), from the Time list, select 1 hour.
Click Save DNS.
- Under Subdomain Records, from the Record Type list, select CNAME.
- In the Subdomain field, enter the contents of the Setup Wizard’s Label / Host field from step 1.
- In the IP Address or Target Host field, enter the contents of the Setup Wizard’s Destination / Target field from step 1.
- From the Time list, select 1 hour.
- Click Save DNS.
Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Important! It might take additional time for your registrar to publish the verification code. If the Google Workspace setup tool gives you an error message, wait an hour before you try again.
In extreme cases, it can take up to 48 hours for your registrar to publish your verification code.
- Return to the Google Workspace setup tool, where you can:
- Add other users to your account.
- Activate Gmail for your organization.
- Review the quick start guides to continue setting up Google Workspace for your organization.