Get started: Chat setup guide for admins
Announce Chat to new users
To introduce new users to Hangouts Chat, copy the template below and send it as an email to employees in your organization.
Sample email to users
If you'd like to notify your users about Hangouts Chat, you can customize the template below and send it as an email.
Modify or delete all sections in red as appropriate.
We’re excited to announce Hangouts Chat, a new way to communicate with team members individually or as a group.
Hangouts Chat is an upgrade to classic Hangouts, built from the ground up for business and schools. Here are some highlights of what Chat can do:
- Allow teams and groups to quickly communicate using any device from anywhere.
- Hold multiple conversations with different teams at the same time.
- Invite additional people to join conversations.
- Easily share your work directly in the conversation thread.
You can switch devices and pick up the conversation on the go. For example, you can start a conversation on your computer, and continue it on your mobile phone, right where you left off.
How do you get started?
Hangouts Chat is already enabled. To get started:
- Download and open the mobile app, or go to chat.google.com in a web browser on your computer.
- Sign in with a G Suite Account, such as the Gmail account you use for your organization.
For more information, see the Hangouts Chat Help Center.
Your G Suite Administrator