Username and group name guidelines
When adding usernames, group names, and group descriptions to your Google Cloud account, use the following guidelines.
Usernames can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), dashes (-), underscores (_), apostrophes ('), and periods (.).
- Usernames can't contain more than one period (.) in a row, accents, accented letters, ampersands (&), equal signs (=), brackets (<,>), plus signs (+), or commas (,).
- Periods (.) are not ignored in usernames the way they are in gmail.com accounts. If you create a user account called username, this user will not be able to receive messages addressed to user.name, or us.er.na.me, or any other combination of periods. To let a user receive mail with these variations, create an email alias for them.
- Usernames can begin or end with non-alphanumeric characters except periods (.), with a maximum of 64 characters.
- Because abuse and postmaster are reserved words, you can't use them as usernames or aliases. Learn more about reserved words.
- First and last names support unicode/UTF-8 characters, with a maximum of 60 characters.
Group names and descriptions
- Group names can be up to 60 characters long.
- If you have lots of groups, give them names that make it easy to identify their purpose.
- For groups created in the Admin console, names and descriptions can’t contain equal signs (=), or brackets (<,>).