What’s new in Android Device Policy
Android Device Policy is an Android management app that replaces the Google Apps Device Policy app. It still enforces your organization’s policies to protect corporate data, but it also allows Google to automatically add new security features.
New Android Device Policy features
- Zero-touch enrollment—Deploy company-owned devices in bulk without manually setting up each device. Learn more
- Advanced password management—Set advanced password requirements. For example, disallow repeating or sequential characters. Learn more
- Advanced VPN management—Specify an app to be an Always On VPN. Learn more
- Lock screen feature management—Disable notifications, trust agents, fingerprint unlocks, and keyguard features on fully managed devices. Learn more
Changes to existing features
- Remote device wipe—The data that’s removed depends on device ownership:
- If ownership of the device is company-owned, all data is wiped from the device and the device is factory reset.
- If the device is personally owned and has a work profile, only the work profile is wiped, leaving personal data untouched.
- Auto Wipe setting—Applies when a device falls out of sync and when devices don’t adhere to your organization’s policies, such as a weak device password. For details, see Autowipe.
- Device policy app icon—Android Device Policy is more tightly integrated into the operating system, so users won’t see a device policy app icon. For details, see About Android Device Policy.
- Policy conflict prevention—Users can only add one G Suite account to a device. This prevents conflicts that would arise if more than one managed account with different device-management policies were added to a device.
- Work profile setup—Personal Android devices that are used in your organization need to set up a work profile. You cannot disable the work profile setup.
Check which management app is on a device
You can see which app is managing a device in the Google Admin console.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
If you don't see Devices on the Home page, at the bottom, click More controls.
- Click Mobile devices to see your managed mobile devices.
- Click the row of the device you want to view details for.
- Click Device security.
The device’s management is listed under User agent.