Allow Drive file suggestions in Chrome Browser
As a G Suite administrator for your organization, you can let your users see Google Drive file suggestions when they search using Chrome Browser. If a user is signed in to their G Suite account, they can search for Drive files, even ones they haven't previously opened in Chrome.
To allow the search feature, it must be turned on in the Google Admin console (by default it’s turned on). Then, your users can control their own search settings in Chrome.
Turn on Drive suggestions for Chrome Browser
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteDrive and Docs.
- Click Features and Applications.
- Under Surface file suggestions in Google Chrome, select Allow Google Drive file suggestions for signed in users whenever a search is performed.
- Click Save.
Tell your users how to manage Drive file suggestions
When you enable file suggestions for your domain, users who sign in to a Chrome profile with a domain account (if enabled) can turn Drive file searches on or off in Chrome Browser. If you disable the feature for your domain, users cannot modify their own settings.
- Open Chrome Browser and go to More Settings.
- Under People, click Sync.
- Turn on or off Google Drive search selections.
- Get your bookmarks, passwords, and more on all your devices
- For information on how users can sign into their Chrome profile with a domain account, see Turn Chrome Sync on or off for users.