You can let your users see Google Drive file suggestions when they search or open a tab in Chrome Browser. If a user is signed in to a Chrome profile with their Google Workspace account, they can:
- Search for Drive files, including files that they haven't yet been opened in Chrome browser.
- Open files that Google Drive suggests based on their recent use of Drive.
To use Drive file suggestions, turn the feature on in the Google Admin console. Your users can then modify their own Chrome browser search settings on their devices.
Turn on Drive suggestions for Chrome Browser
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsGoogle WorkspaceDrive and Docs.
Click Features and Applications.
Click Surface suggestions in Google Chrome.
Select the recommended option, Allow Drive suggestions when signed-in users search or open a tab.
Manage Drive file suggestions in Chrome Browser
When you enable file suggestions for your organization, users who sign in to a Chrome profile with their Google Workspace account can turn Drive file suggestions on or off in Chrome browser. If you turn off the feature, users cannot modify their own settings.
To turn Drive search suggestions on or off on a Chromebook or computer:
- In Chrome Browser, click More Settings.
- Under People, click Sync and Google services.
- Under Other Google services, next to Google Drive search suggestions, click On or Off .
To turn Drive file suggestions for new tab pages on or off on a Chromebook or computer:
- In Chrome browser, on a new tab, click Customize Chrome.
- Under Cards, click Customize cards.
- Next to Google Drive files, use the switch to enable or disable the feature.