This article is for administrators of the classic Google Sites (no Publish button at the top right). Get help for administrators of the new Google Sites.
All users in your domain can find and share sites. You can adjust the sharing options to determine whether users can share sites with people outside your domain. You can share files on your site with people and groups. However, it is not recommended to use classic Sites for sharing files with more than 200 people or groups.
Note: Users can set access options for sites that they create, but they won't be able to share a site more widely than the option you select.
To set sharing options in classic Sites
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceSites.
- Select Access Settings - classic Sites.
- Select your preference in the Sharing options section of the page.
- Open — Users can make sites available to anyone on the internet. Sites are accessible without a sign-in, and may be indexed by search engines.
- Open with warning — Users can make sites public, but receive a warning when they publish.
- Open to invited — Users can make sites viewable outside your domain, but only to viewers invited on an individual basis.
- Open to invited with warning — Users can make sites viewable to invited users outside your domain, but receive a warning with every invitation.
- Closed — Only users in your domain can view sites created by other users.
- Click Save.