Turn live streaming on or off for Meet
This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions. Compare editions
As a G Suite administrator, you can turn on live streaming to allow up to 100,000 people to watch a Hangouts Meet video meeting. When live streaming is added to an event, users get a stream URL that they can send to view-only participants.
For example, you might have a new product launch. Your users could send the stream URL to potential customers. Or, you might want to stream a presentation for the parents at your school.
Turn live streaming on or off
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGoogle Hangouts.
- Click Meet settings.
- On the left, select the organizational unit or group you want to manage. For all users, select the top-level organizational unit.
- Click Stream and check or uncheck the Let people stream their meetings box.
- Apply the settings:
- If the setting is for the top-level organizational unit, click Save.
- If the setting is for a child organizational unit and is different than the parent, click Override.
- If the setting is for a group, click Save. If you have multiple groups, choose which group has priority in determining a user's setting. Learn more.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see How changes propagate to Google services.