You can quickly add a Google Meet video meeting to a Microsoft® Outlook® event or email using the Google Meet add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
Participants can join by clicking the video meeting link in the Outlook event. For meetings organized through a G Suite account, users can dial in from a phone using the included number. After the meeting starts, you can invite additional users to the video meeting.
If you use Meet at work or school, you can add participants outside of your organization to the Outlook event or email. Someone from your organization must approve them after the meeting starts.
Before you begin
- A Google Account, such as Gmail or G Suite
- Your administrator to turn on Meet for your entire organization, if you use Meet at work or school
- Microsoft Outlook, including:
- A computer using Outlook 2016 or 2019 for Windows®, Outlook 2016 for Mac®, or Outlook on the web
- Exchange Online or an on-premises version of Exchange 2019 that supports Mailbox API requirement set 1.4, if you use Outlook at work or school
Exchange admins should enable the following items for Exchange Online or on-premises Exchange:
- Add-in installation
- Access to Microsoft® AppSource®
- Support for Mailbox API requirement set 1.4
- Mobile devices, which don’t support the Meet add-in for Outlook
- G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GSSMO), which synchronizes your data between Outlook and your Google Account
- In AppSource, go to Google Meet Add-In.
- Click Get it Now.
- Follow the instructions to install the Google Meet add-in.
Create an Outlook event with a Meet video meeting
After you install the add-in, you’ll see a Meet icon in an Outlook email or calendar event.
To add a Meet video meeting:
- Click the Meet icon .
- If prompted, sign in with your Google Account (such as Gmail or G Suite).
The joining information for the video meeting is added to your email or calendar invitation.
You can have guests participate in meetings by adding them to an Outlook calendar event.
Or, if your organization and the guest use Google Meet hardware, you can send guests the video meeting code and enter it using the touchscreen or remote control.Finally, you can invite them during the video meeting. For details, see Add or remove people from a video meeting.
To join a video meeting, click the video meeting URL. You can also dial in to the meeting from a phone using the included number.
If you’re using Google Meet hardware, enter the meeting code using the touchscreen or remote control.
Meet add-in for Outlook FAQ
Yes, if you are signed in to a Google Account such as Gmail and have installed the Meet add-in, you can add a Meet video meeting to an Outlook event or email.
Non-G Suite customers can join video meetings that they’re invited to. They don’t need the add-in to join.
Yes. You can add people outside of your organization to the Outlook event or email that includes Meet details.
Users outside of your organization can request to join and are added to the meeting after they’re accepted by a participant in the meeting.
- In Outlook, right-click the ribbonclick Customize the Ribbon.
- Under Home, select the Meet group and click Remove.
Yes. See Requirements.