Add Meet video meetings to Outlook
Using the Hangouts Meet add-in for Microsoft® Outlook®, you can add a Meet video call directly into your Outlook event or email.
Participants inside the organization can join by clicking the video meeting link in the Outlook event. Participants outside of the organization can request to join the meeting. After the meeting starts, you can invite additional users to the video meeting.
To use the Meet add-in for Outlook, you need:
- A G Suite Account with Meet turned on for your organization. Ask your administrator for more information.
- An Outlook Exchange account: Office 365, Exchange Online or on-premises Exchange version that supports Mailbox API 1.4.
- A desktop computer using:
- Outlook 2013 or 2016 for Windows®
- Outlook 2016 for Mac®
- Outlook online
The following do not support the Meet add-in for Outlook.
- Mobile devices.
- Any Outlook client connected an Outlook account without Exchange.
Before you can use the Meet add-in for Outlook, it must be installed in Office®.
- In the Add-ins section of the Office toolbar, click the Store icon.
- Search for Hangouts Meet.
- Follow the instructions to install the add-in.
The add-in adds a Meet icon in the Office Ribbon for Outlook Mail and Calendar.
Click the Meet icon and sign in with your G Suite account credentials, if prompted. You should see the joining information for the Meet video call added to your email or calendar invite.
You can invite internal participants or external guests in multiple ways:
- Add them as a guest to the Outlook calendar event.
- Invite guests during the video meeting.
If your organization has Meet hardware in a meeting room, you can send them the video meeting code.
FAQI don't have G Suite. Can I use the Meet add-in for Microsoft Outlook?
No. You must have a G Suite account to use the Meet add-in for Outlook. However, non-G Suite customers can still join meetings that they are invited to. These invited participants do not need the add-in to join.
Yes. Users outside of your organization can request to join and will be added to the meeting after they're accepted by a participant in the meeting.
You can remove the buttons by right-clicking on the ribbon and selecting Customize the Ribbon. Under Home, select the Hangouts group and click the Remove button.
Yes. See the Requirements.