Create an administrator role for a developer
If you want a developer to manage your third-party integration, they need a user account in your organization. You can then create an administrator role with Cloud Search privileges and assign the developer to that role.
1. Add a user account for a developer
2. Create a Cloud Search role and assign it to the developer
In the Admin console, the Cloud Search administrator role lets the developer see only the information and perform only the tasks associated with Cloud Search. They can create, edit, and delete Cloud Search data sources, identity sources, and search applications. Learn more about administrator privileges.
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Admin roles.
To see Admin roles, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Click Create A New Role.
- Enter a name and description for the role and click Create.
On the Privileges tab, next to Services Cloud Search, click Expand .
Check the box for the level of privileges you want to grant:
- Settings—Grants privileges to all Cloud Search settings in the Admin console, including data sources, identity sources, and search applications.
- Cloud Search Indexing—Grants read and write privileges to Cloud Search indexing.
- Cloud Search Indexing Read Only—Grants read-only privileges to Cloud Search indexing.
- Click Save.
- On the Admins tab, click Assign Admins.
- Enter the username for the developer you want to manage data sources.
- Click Confirm Assignment.