Applies to classic Google Sites (no “Publish” button at the top right). Get help for the new Google Sites.
In classic Google Sites, when someone in your organization creates a site, they are the owner of the site. The site is permanently associated with the domain where it was created. Therefore, you and any other administrators of the domain have the same privileges as the owner and can change the ownership and sharing options associated with the site. For example, if a user leaves your organization, you might need to transfer ownership of any sites that they own to another user.
Transfer ownership of a site
- Open the site.
- At the top, click Settings Sharing and Permissions.
- Under Invite people, enter the new owner’s email address.
- Next to the address, click the Down arrow Is owner.
- Make sure the Notify people box is checked. The new owner will get an email notification.
- (Optional) To send a personal note to the new owner, click Add message.
- Click Send.