Set up interoperability
As a G Suite administrator, you can let users of standards based (SIP/H.323) third-party videoconferencing systems join your organization’s Hangouts Meet video meetings. These systems include:
- Microsoft® Skype for Business® and Surface Hub®
See a full list of supported devices.
Before you begin
Meet interoperability requires the G Suite partner product Pexip Infinity gateway.
- Download the latest release of Pexip Infinity for the hypervisor or cloud platform of your choice.
- Install and configure the Pexip Infinity Fusion gateway to work with Meet.
Turn on interoperability with Meet
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGoogle Hangouts.
- Click Gateways for interoperability Add Gateway.
- Enter a name for the gateway and click Generate.
- Click Click here to copy to clipboard to copy the token and click Close.
You can require third-party systems to ask to connect before connecting to a meeting or allow them to connect without asking.
- Under Trusted devices, click Turn off (to require) or Turn on (to allow).
- At the top, click Settings for Google Hangouts.
- Click Meet settings.
- On the left, select the organizational unit you want to manage. For all users, select the top-level organizational unit.
- Click Interoperability and check the Turn on interoperability with other systems box.
- Enter a PIN prefix and the IP and DNS server address used by external guests to join Meet calls from third-party systems. What you enter should match your Pexip Infinity Gateway settings.
- Click Save.
When interoperability between Hangouts Meet and third-party conference systems is turned on for your organization, Google shares with Pexip:
- That interoperability is turned on for your G Suite domain and that an authentication token was created. Pexip requires this information for validation and compliance purposes.
- Debugging and troubleshooting information, including call logs that contain participant IDs, meeting codes, and device information.