Applies to editions of Google Workspace and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
If Google bills you directly for your Google Workspace or Cloud Identity subscription, you can transfer subscription management to a Google reseller. A reseller can manage subscriptions for your organization and provide services, such as deployment, support, and work transformation. Find an authorized reseller in your area with the Google Partner Directory.
How transfers work
- Your subscription enters a trial period and details are emailed to your super administrator.
- Transfers are non-reversible.
- They don't automatically transfer the associated Cloud Billing account.
- Transfers don't affect your data or availability. (You can use Google services as usual during a transfer.)
Subscriptions purchased from a reseller
When you transfer subscriptions, your reseller can add or remove users, update user passwords, edit organizational units, and manage other settings. For more information about a reseller's access to your account, including restricting access, go to Change a reseller's access to your subscriptions.
Subscriptions purchased from Google
After a transfer, if you continue to have subscriptions purchased directly from Google, you can give your reseller access to those subscriptions to manage licensing and other services. Get the reseller's permission before you give them access.
Billing after the transfer
You are billed by the reseller for subscriptions transferred to the reseller. You will be billed directly for subscriptions from Google.
After your reseller completes the transfer, the subscription becomes a new subscription. You are billed by your reseller, not Google.
If your transfer is complete any day other than the first of the month, you receive 2 bills for that month:
- One from Google, for the dates before the transfer
- One from the reseller, for the dates starting when your transfer was complete
After that, you only receive one bill from the reseller.
For Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium, the billing impacts of the transfer depend on your previous billing plan. For more information, contact your reseller.
Annual Plan closeout charges
Annual Plan (Monthly Payments)
You are charged directly by Google until the transfer date. You are charged for the remaining balance of your contract, calculated on a prorated basis.
Annual Plan (Yearly Payments)
When transferred, you do not receive a refund for the prepaid period of service.
Subscriptions currently on a Flexible Plan
- Choose a Flexible Plan or Annual Plan (either version). The Annual plan option is not available for add-on services, such as Google Vault.
Subscriptions currently on an Annual Plan
- Choose a new Annual Plan (either version).
- Choose a Flexible Plan if within 30 days of the subscription's renewal date.
User license requirements
A new subscription must have a number of licenses greater than or equal to the previous commitment. For example, if their current commitment is 200 user licenses, you can’t reduce the commitment to 150 user licenses during the transfer.
Exceptions: For subscriptions on an Annual Plan and within 30 days of the end of their term, you can reduce the number of licenses.
30-day free trialsIf a subscription is in a 30-day trial, you can transfer to either:
- A 30-day trial managed by the reseller
- A new subscription managed by the reseller
If you completed a 30-day trial, you can only transfer into a new, reseller-managed subscription.
Transfer a subscription to a reseller
To transfer the management of a subscription, your reseller needs a transfer token. The token associates your subscription with the reseller.
- Ask the reseller for their "public identifier" (a 9-character code).
- Go to Retrieve Transfer Token.
- Under Enter reseller's public identifier, enter the public identifier for the reseller.
- Click Confirm Reseller Identifier.
- At the top, verify the domain name and business name match the reseller you want to transfer to.
- Review and select the subscriptions you can transfer:
- Transfer to Reseller—Lists the subscriptions that will transfer to the reseller.
- Choose how to transfer—Lists the subscription you might be able to transfer if you get permission from the reseller. After contacting the reseller, select the subscriptions you can transfer to them.
- Click Continue.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click Generate Transfer Token.
- Click Copy Code. Make a note of your transfer token code.
- Share the transfer token code with your new reseller. The transfer takes effect as soon as the reseller receives the transfer token and completes the transfer of your subscription.
You must sign in again and repeat the steps above if:
- You lose your token.
- Your token expires. Tokens expire 14 days after being generated.
- You make any changes to your subscriptions (like canceling a subscription) after generating the token but before the reseller completes the transfer.