Turn App Maker on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you control who in your organization can use App Maker to build and deploy apps. You can turn on the service for everyone in your organization, specific organizational units, or specific groups.
We recommend you turn on the service only for users who build apps. Users who only use deployed apps don't need App Maker turned on for them.
App Maker is available with G Suite Business, Education, and Enterprise editions. Compare editions.
Control who uses App Maker in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps Additional Google Services App Maker.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
After you turn on App Maker:
- Set up a default Cloud SQL database for your organization.
- If you want to let App Maker apps use your organization's Directory data, confirm contact sharing is enabled. Apps might use Directory data to autocomplete searches for people, provide a list of people in an option list, or manage reporting chains.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services