If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to G Suite Basic to get this feature.
When you set up advanced management with Apple® iOS® devices, you created an Apple push certificate that you must renew yearly. The certificate establishes a trusted connection between iOS devices and your organization's domain.
Before you begin
- If your certificate already expired, you can't renew it and you must set up a new certificate. When you set up a new certificate, your iOS users must enroll their devices again to synchronize G Suite data.
- You need the password for the Apple ID associated with the certificate to renew the certificate. If you don't have the password or use a different Apple ID, you must set up a new certificate. When you set up a new certificate, your iOS users must enroll their devices again to synchronize G Suite data.
- Don’t reload your browser window or close any pages while you renew the certificate.
Renew your certificate
Step 1: Generate a renewal request
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
On the left, click iOS settings.
Click Apple certificates.
The current certificate details are displayed: the unique identifier (UID), the Apple ID, and expiration date.
Click Renew Certificate.
Click Download and save the certificate signing request (.csr file). Download this file only once.
Step 2: Get a renewed certificate
- Click Apple Push Certificates portal.
- In the new tab, sign in to the Apple portal with the Apple ID and password you used when you created the certificate.
Tip: If more than one certificate is listed, you need to identify the correct certificate. Locate certificates with the same expiration date as in the G Suite admin console. Click the i button ("certificate info") next to each one to find the UID and make sure it matches the certificate you want to renew.
- Click Choose File and open the certificate signing request (.csr) file you saved in step 1.
- To submit the request file, click Upload.
Apple accepts the request and displays a confirmation page with your service type, vendor domain, and the expiration date for this certificate.
- Click Download and save the signed certificate (.pem) file. Download this file only once.
- Go back to your Admin console tab or window.
Step 3: Upload your renewed certificate
- Click Upload Certificate and select the certificate (.pem) file you saved from the Apple Confirmation page in the previous step.
- Click Save & Continue.
The system verifies and uploads the renewed certificate. If you have problems, make sure the signed certificate you submitted matches the UID of the existing certificate.