G Suite Apps Monthly Uptime
With the G Suite Apps Monthly Uptime report, you can view monthly worldwide availability for G Suite services. Google provides this historical data—called uptime numbers—as part of our ongoing commitment to transparency about our operations.
Open the G Suite Apps Monthly Uptime report
From the Admin console Home page, go to Reports.
To see Reports, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- At the left, click G Suite Apps Monthly Uptime.
Learn more about the Apps Uptime report
Apps Uptime report details
- Uptime numbers include standard G Suite editions only—These include G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Business, and G Suite Basic. Other special editions or versions of G Suite are not included.
- An uptime number is a ratio—It is the total time a service was available when users requested it divided by the total time users requested it. We calculate this ratio using data aggregated across all users of G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Business, and G Suite Basic.
- Uptime numbers are worldwide averages—They don’t correspond to the uptime numbers for a specific domain.
- Uptime numbers show general service availability—They don’t necessarily include or correspond to service incidents, such as the temporary unavailability of specific features.
- Uptime numbers are published quarterly—However, the time before publication varies, depending on factors such as any service incidents. It can take several months after a quarter ends to research and process the data. Please check back if uptime numbers for a quarter aren’t yet available.
Compare with G Suite Status Dashboard
- G Suite Apps Monthly Uptime report—Use this report to determine the reliability of G Suite services. The report shows only historical data about the availability of a service—that is, whether users could reach the service. Service availability numbers don’t include incidents with specific features or capabilities of a service.
- G Suite Status Dashboard—Use this dashboard to find information about a specific service incident. The dashboard shows both real-time and historical data about specific incidents with G Suite services and their features or capabilities.