Applies to editions of Google Workspace and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
Your Google Workspace account might be subject to taxes, such as a value-added tax (VAT) or goods and services tax (GST), depending on your location.
If your region requires these taxes, you can add your tax information in your payment account:
Provide your tax ID
How you provide your tax ID or VAT ID to Google depends on how you pay:
- If your payment is deducted automatically—Update your tax information in your payment settings, as shown below.
- If you pay by monthly invoice—Contact Google Workspace support to submit your tax ID.
Update your tax information
You're seeing only basic stepsOther important details may apply for your account but you must sign in to see them:
Sign in for more help
Use your administrator account (doesn't end in gmail.com)
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
In the Admin console, go to Menu BillingPayment accounts.
Next to your subscription, click MoreView payment settings.
- In the <Region name> tax info section, click Edit and enter your tax ID or VAT ID.
If you're an individual business owner with a taxpayer ID, select the Individual Entrepreneur tax status before entering your tax ID.
- Click Save.
About your tax status
When you set up billing for your Google Workspace subscription, you chose Individual or Business as your account type. Your account type and region determines your available tax statuses.
|Account type||Tax statuses|
If you're an individual who is a sole trader or proprietor, choose the Individual Entrepreneur tax status.
Note: Although you can change your tax status, you can’t change your billing account type.
Where you see your tax charge
- The amount of tax charged on your purchase will show as a separate transaction under BillingPayment accounts in the Admin console. Learn how to View and understand your transactions.
- Your invoice will show the amount of tax charged.