Use the Meet touchscreen
When you create a meeting invitation using Google Calendar and add a specific meeting room, the meeting is displayed on the Hangouts Meet hardware touchscreen in that room.
You can use the touchscreen to join meetings, control audio and video, and more.
To join a scheduled meeting, choose an option:
- Tap the meeting code (Hangouts Meet) or meeting name (classic Hangouts).
- Get the meeting code or name from the meeting invitation. Tap Use a meeting code and enter the meeting code or name. You need to do this if the meeting is marked private in Calendar or if the room you're using hasn't been added to the meeting invitation.
To join an unscheduled meeting:
- Tap Start a new meeting.
- Share the joining information with the people you’re meeting.
- Tap Join.
- Create a video call name and share it with the people you're meeting.
- Tap Use a meeting code and enter the video call name.
- Tap Join.
- Tap Add people .
- Enter the name or email of the new participant.
- Tap Send invite.
- Your G Suite administrator must enable the Call a Phone feature in the Google Admin console. For more information, see Change settings for all devices. Calls to emergency services are not supported.
- Your Meet hardware must be located in specific countries.
- Calls must be to the U.S. and Canada only.
Participants invited by phone will join as audio-only attendees. They will not have video and cannot share their screen.
To add someone by phone to a video meeting:
- Tap Add people .
- Tap Call .
- Enter the phone number for the person you want to call.
- (Optional) To open the keypad to enter additional numbers, such as an extension, select the phone number from the participant list tap Dial .
- If you need to hang up, select the phone number from the participant list tap End call
Participants can join Hangouts Meet video meetings using a meeting code, dial-in phone number, or pin code. To see this information for the current meeting, tapView meeting details.
Control audio and video
During a video meeting, you can see the list of participants on the touchscreen. To control their participation, tap one of the following options:
|Mute||If you mute a participant, you cannot unmute them. They need to unmute themselves.|
|Pin||If you pin a participant, they will always be shown on the display in the room regardless of who is speaking.
|Remove||If you remove a participant, they need to be re-invited in the video meeting to rejoin.|
- To adjust the speaker volume in the room, drag the volume control.
- To mute the room, tap Turn off microphone .
- To unmute the room, tap Turn on microphone .
- To turn off the room camera, tap Turn off camera .
- To turn on the room camera, tap Turn on camera .
- To manually control the camera, tap Control camera and see Camera options below.
|Camera options||Option controls|
|Pan left and right||Tap the Left arrow and Right arrow .|
|Tilt up and down||Tap the Up arrow and Down arrow .|
|Zoom in and out||Tap Zoom in and Zoom out .|
|Recenter the camera||
Autozoom camera control (beta)
If 2 cameras are connected to the Hangouts Meet hardware, autozoom and manual Pan Tilt Zoom are not available. Your G Suite administrator needs to turn on the autozoom feature before you can use it in a video meeting.
You can set the Meet camera to automatically zoom in on all the meeting participants in a room. To turn autozoom on or off, tap Control Camera Turn off or Turn on.
Seeing all the participants in the room up close makes it easier to:
- Read facial expressions and body language.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Smoothly take turns in the conversation.
Available to meeting organizers with G Suite Enterprise.
Your G Suite administrator needs to turn on recording in the Google Admin console before you can use it in a video meeting.
Note: To record a meeting, the creator of the meeting must have recording turned on for their G Suite Enterprise account. You can learn more about Meet settings, including record settings by reading the article, Start Using Meet.
To record a meeting:
- Start the meeting.
- Tap Record meeting.
- Get consent from all participants and tap Start Recording.
- (Optional) To see the list of meeting participants, tap Close.
- When the meeting is over, tap Stop recording and Stop recording again to confirm. A link to the recording is emailed to the meeting organizer.
You can use the display in the room to present content, such as slides, animations, video, and audio, from your laptop computer using the green HDMI cable attached to the touchscreen.
To share content if you're not in a Hangouts Meet video meeting:
Connect the HDMI cable to your device. The HDMI connector will immediately present your screen and audio only to people in the room. If you join the meeting, you can present to everyone in the meeting.
To share content in a Hangouts Meet video meeting:
- Connect the HDMI cable to your device.
- Tap Present to meeting .
For more ways to present content, go to Present to a video call.
- New chat messages are shown as notifications on the display (not on the touchscreen).
- Tap Chat to view a chat during the meeting.
- Tap Chat history to see the previous chat messages for the meeting on the display screen in the room. You can only see chat messages on the display. You cannot use the touchscreen to respond.
To force the video feed from the room onto everyone’s display, tap Present Camera to All.
Tap Settings to see the following options:
|Video||To select a camera, tap the Down arrow and select a camera from the list.|
To send feedback about your experience, tap Feedback.