Manage 3rd-party data access to Drive
Drive content can be integrated with 3rd party products, allowing users to share and update their documents from different platforms.
As a G Suite administrator, you can manage integrations by disabling 3rd party Drive data access, and then enabling specific apps for the supported platforms. For example:
- Disable the Drive API scope using G Suite API permissions (OAuth based access).
- Whitelist specific app access for the platforms supported by your organization (Web, Android, and iOS).
Manage Slack integration
- Create new Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets directly from Slack.
- Import an existing file directly from Google Drive, or paste the link to the file in any channel or Direct Message.
- Find your files quickly (even if you don’t remember the file name) by searching directly in Slack. Slack automatically indexes the contents of any Google Drive file you share.
- Share and manage files without worrying about version history or who has access.
- Get updates on Google Drive events, like comments, access requests, and new files shared with users via direct messages from Google Drive.