If, under EU GDPR, UK GDPR, the Swiss FADP, or another applicable privacy law, your organization is required to appoint either, or both:
- a data protection officer (DPO), or
- a local (for example EU, UK, or Swiss) privacy representative.
Then, register their details in your Google Admin console.
Register your representatives
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
In the Admin console, go to Menu AccountAccount settingsLegal and compliance.
- Under Your data protection officer details or Your local privacy representative details, enter contact information, as required for your organization under the GDPR.
- Click Save.
About the DPO and local privacy representative
- A data protection officer (DPO) is the person designated, where applicable, to facilitate compliance with the provisions of the EU GDPR, UK GDPR, Swiss FADP or other applicable privacy law. The applicable law defines when a data protection officer must be designated and the requirements of their role.
- A local (for example EU, UK or Swiss) privacy representative is the person designated, where applicable, to represent customers not established in (or with a registered address or domicile outside) the relevant jurisdiction with regard to their obligations under that jurisdiction's privacy law. The applicable law defines when a local privacy representative must be designated, and the requirements of their role.