After you add a domain alias, tell your users how to use their new email address. Customize this notification by replacing [primary domain] and [domain alias] with your domain names.
We’ve added [domain alias] to our Google Workspace email. Here’s how it works:
- You have an email address and mail groups at both [primary domain] and [domain alias].
- All messages arrive in your [primary domain] mailbox.
- You can reply to messages from either of your primary domain] or [domain alias] addresses.
- Google Calendar invites and sharing invites are sent only from your [primary domain] address.
To send messages from your new address at [domain alias]
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the "Send mail as" section, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and your new address at [domain alias].
- Click Next Step and follow the confirmation steps.
When you’re in Gmail, you can choose which address to send from.
- You’ll sign in your Google Workspace account with the [primary domain] address
- You can create documents and files only with your [primary domain] address
- People can share files with either your [primary domain] or [domain alias] address