About the security center
The security center provides advanced security information and analytics, and added visibility and control into security issues affecting your domain.
The security center expands on advanced settings in the Google Admin console to surface your security data through insightful, customizable reports that you can share with colleagues in your organization. Administrators can also monitor the configuration of Google Admin console settings from the security health page. Additionally, admins can use the investigation tool to identify, triage, and take action on security and privacy issues in your domain.
See the sections below for more details:
- You must be an administrator with a G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, Drive Enterprise, or Cloud Identity Premium Edition license to access the security center. With Drive Enterprise or Cloud Identity Premium Edition, you receive a subset of security center reports on the security dashboard. See the edition sections below for a list of the security reports available for each edition.
- You must have the necessary privileges to access the security center. See Admin privileges for the security center.
On the security dashboard, you can see an overview of data from several security center reports. The reports and charts you see depend on what type of managed Google Account you have (for details, see About the security dashboard).
Note: Data in security dashboard reports is updated every 15 minutes. New data is shown within 15 minutes of the logs first being recorded.
The security health page enables you to monitor the configuration of your Admin console settings from one location. For example, you can check the status of settings like automatic email forwarding, device encryption, Drive sharing settings, and much more.
The security health page provides visibility into your Admin console settings to help you better understand and manage security risks. If needed, you can make adjustments to your domain’s settings based on general security guidelines and best practices, while balancing these guidelines with your organization’s business needs and risk management policy.
Note: G Suite Enterprise customers receive all security health settings, while Drive Enterprise and Cloud Identity Premium customers receive a subset of security health settings. For details and instructions, see Get started with the security health page.
Use the security investigation tool to identify, triage, and take action on security and privacy issues in your domain.
You can use the investigation tool to:
- Access data about devices.
- Access device log data to get a clear view of the devices and applications being used to access your data.
- Access data about Gmail messages.
- Access Gmail log data to find and erase malicious emails, mark emails as spam or phishing, or send emails to users’ inboxes.
- Access Drive log data to investigate file sharing in your organization, investigate the creation and deletion of documents, investigate who accessed documents, and more.
For more details and instructions, see About the security investigation tool.