Turn Google Domains on or off
As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses Google Domains. Just turn Domains on or off for those users in your Admin console. Users who have Domains turned on can purchase new domains (such as, example.com), and manage domains from their account.
- If you turn this service on for everyone, you should first consider if you want to allow all users to purchase domains with their G Suite account. This includes students in G Suite for Education accounts. If not, consider keeping this service off, or turning it on only for users in some organizations (such as, G Suite administrators).
- If you turn this service off, users who had previously purchased domains from Google Domains using their G Suite account will have the chance to transfer ownership of their domain to another Google account (such as a personal Gmail account) when they next try to manage their domain. Their domain will continue to renew each year, provided their payment instrument is valid.
Control who uses Google Domains in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
- Click Google Domains.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
At the top of the gray box, click More and choose:
- On for everyone to turn on the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- Off to turn off the service for all users (click again to confirm).
- On for some organizations to change the setting only for some users.
If you chose On for some organizations:
- In the left panel, select Settings for specific org units.
- Select the organization that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- Click Override or Inherit, whichever appears.
Override makes the setting stay the same, even if the parent setting changes.
Inherit reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- If you clicked Override, select On or Off to change the setting.
- Click Save.
Learn more about the organizational structure.
Learn about Google Domains at the Google Domains Help Center.
- Control who can access Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services