Set up an account to authorize your Google Workspace migration or sync product. Follow these steps to create a service account in the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Console.
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console and sign in as a super administrator. If it's your first time signing in to the console, agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click IAM & AdminManage Resources. You might have to click Menu first.
- At the top of the screen, click Create Project.
- Enter a project name.
- (Optional) If you want to add the project to a folder, specify the folder name in the Location box.
- Click Create.
- Make sure your new project is selected in the projects list at the top of the screen.
- Click APIs & ServicesLibrary. You might have to click Menu first.
- For each API you require (below), click the API name and then Enable.
Tip: If you can't find the API, specify the API name in the search box.
- Repeat step 3, as required.
|G Suite Migration for Microsoft Exchange||Admin SDK, Google Calendar API, Contacts API, Gmail API, Groups Migration API|
|G Suite Password Sync||Admin SDK|
|G Suite Migration for HCL Notes (GSMIN, formerly G Suite Migration for IBM Notes)||Google Calendar API, Google People API, Gmail API, Groups Migration API
Note: If you’re using GSMIN 5.1 or earlier, use the Contacts API instead of the Google People API.
|Google Calendar Connector for HCL Notes (GCCHN)||Admin SDK, Google Calendar API|
|Google Calendar Resource Sync||Admin SDK, Google Calendar API|
- Click APIs & ServicesOAuth consent screen. You might have to click Menu first.
- In the User Type settings, select the Internal option.
- Click Create.
- On the OAuth consent screen, under Application name, specify the name of your application. For example, GSMME.
- Click Save.
- Click APIs & ServicesCredentials. You might have to click Menu first.
- Click Create Credentials and select Service account.
- In the Service account name field, enter a name for the service account.
- (Optional) In the Service account description field, enter a description of the service account.
- Click Create.
- Assign the role of ProjectViewer to the new service account.
- Click ContinueDone.
- On the Credentials page, under Service Accounts, click the email address of the service account you created.
- Click Show Domain-Wide Delegation.
- Check the Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation box.
Important: If you’re installing GSMME or GSPS, make a note of the Unique ID value for the service account. This is also the service account’s client ID and you'll need it later.
Tip: You can also find the client ID in the JSON file created above.
- Click Add KeyCreate new key.
- Make sure the key type is set to JSON and click Create.
You'll get a message the service account's private key JSON file was downloaded to your computer. Make a note of the name and location of this file. You'll need this later.
- Click CloseSave.
Important: By default, only the creator of the project has rights to manage the project. To ensure the project can be maintained if the creator leaves the organization, you should assign at least one other person the role of Project Owner. Learn more.
Return to your migration or sync product to continue the setup process:
- GCRS: Configure Google Workspace
- GSMIN: Admin guide
- GCCIN: Create a service account for domain authorization
- GSMME: Authorize GSMME for your account
- GSPS: Authorize GSPS for your domain
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.