Set up an account to authorize your Google Workspace migration or sync product. Follow these steps to create a service account in Google Cloud Console. For more details, go to Service accounts.
- Go to the Cloud Console and sign in as a super administrator. If it's your first time signing in to the console, agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click IAM & AdminManage Resources. You might have to click Menu first.
- At the top, click Create Project.
- Enter a project name.
- (Optional) If you want to add the project to a folder, specify the folder name in the Location box.
- Click Create.
Important: By default, only the creator of the project has rights to manage the project. To ensure the project can be maintained if the creator leaves the organization, you should assign at least one other person the role of Project Owner. Learn more.
- Check the box next to your new project.
- Click APIs & ServicesLibrary. You might have to click Menu first.
- For each API you require (below), click the API name and then Enable.
Tip: If you can't find the API, specify the API name in the search box.
- Repeat step 3, as required.
|Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Exchange (GWMME)
Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GWMMO)
|Admin SDK, Google Calendar API, Contacts API, Gmail API, Groups Migration API|
|Password Sync||Admin SDK|
|Google Workspace Migration for HCL Notes (GWMHN)||Google Calendar API, Google People API, Gmail API, Groups Migration API
Note: If you’re using GWMHN 5.1 or earlier, use the Contacts API instead of the Google People API.
|Google Calendar Connector for HCL Notes (GCCHN)||Admin SDK, Google Calendar API|
|Google Calendar Resource Sync (GCRS)||Admin SDK, Google Calendar API|
Tip: When selecting the email addresses below, use shared administrator email accounts.
- Click APIs & ServicesOAuth consent screen. You might have to click Menu first.
- For User Type, select Internal.
- Click Create.
- For App name, specify the name of your application. For example, GWMME.
- Select a User support email for users to contact you with questions.
- For Developer contact information, enter email addresses so Google can contact you about changes to your project.
- Click Save and ContinueSave and ContinueBack to Dashboard.
- Click APIs & ServicesCredentials. You might have to click Menu first.
- Click Create CredentialsService account.
- For Service account name, enter a name for the service account.
- (Optional) For Service account description, enter a description of the service account.
- Click Create and Continue.
- Click Done.
- For Service Accounts, click the email address of the service account you created.
- Click Show Domain-Wide Delegation.
- Check the Enable Google Workspace Domain-wide Delegation box.
Important: If you’re installing GWMME or Password Sync, make a note of the Unique ID value for the service account. This is also the service account’s client ID and you'll need it later.
Tip: You can also find the client ID on the Details tab of the service account or in the JSON file created above.
- Click Save.
- At the top, click KeysAdd KeyCreate new key.
- Make sure the key type is set to JSON and click Create.
You'll get a message the service account's private key JSON file was downloaded to your computer. Make a note of the file name and where your browser saves it. You'll need it later.
- Click Close.
Return to your migration or sync product to continue the setup process:
- GCCIN: Create a service account for domain authorization
- GCRS: Configure Google Workspace
- GWMHN: Admin guide
- GWMME: Authorize GWMME for your account
- GWMMO: Run migrations from the command line
- Password Sync: Authorize Password Sync for your domain
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.