Create a service account
Complete the following steps to create a service account for your migration or interop tool for G Suite.
Step 1: Create a project
- Go to the Google Developers Console and sign in as a super administrator.
- Create a new project by doing one of the following:
- If you haven't used the Developers Console before, agree to the Google Cloud Platform Terms of Service. Then, click Create a project.
- At the top of the screen next to your most recent project name, click the Down arrow to open your projects list. Then, click Create to create a new project.
- Enter a project name and click Create.
Step 2: Enable the APIs
Each tool uses a different set of APIs:
|Tool||Google Apps APIs|
|G Suite Migration for Microsoft® Exchange||Admin SDK, Calendar API, Contacts API, Gmail API, Groups Migration API|
|G Suite Password Sync||Admin SDK|
|G Suite Migration for IBM® Notes®||Calendar API, People API, Gmail API, Groups Migration API
Note: If you are using GSMIN 5.1 or earlier, use the Contacts API instead of the People API.
|Google Calendar Connector for IBM® Notes®||Admin SDK, Calendar API|
|Google Calendar Resource Sync||Admin SDK, Calendar API|
To enable the APIs:
- Click the API name and then Enable.
Tip: If you don't see the API, enter the API name into the search box.
- If you need to enable another API, click Back to return to the Google APIs page.
Step 3: Create the service account
- In the top-left corner of the console, click Menu .
- Click IAM & Admin Service accounts.
- Click Create service account and in the Service account name field, enter a name for the service account.
- (Optional) Assign the role of Project viewer to the new account.
- Check the Furnish a new private key box and ensure the key type is set to JSON.
- Check the Enable Domain-wide Delegation box and enter a name in the Product name for the consent screen field.
- Click Create. You'll see a message that the service account JSON file has been downloaded to your computer. Make a note of the location and name of this file. You will need it later.
- Click Close.
- If you are installing GSMME or GSPS:
- In the Options column, click the View Client ID link for the service account you have just created.
- Copy the Client ID value. You will need this later.
Important: By default, only the creator of the project has rights to manage the project. To ensure that the project can be maintained if the creator leaves the organization you should assign at least one other person the role of Project Owner. For details, see Manage project members or change project ownership.