Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office release notes
These release notes describe additions and improvements to the Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office.
December 13, 2017 (18.104.22.168)
- Improvements to performance when switching between windows, and when saving and closing documents.
- Minor enhancements to the login UI.
- Fixed an issue that caused the connection to Drive to be lost when adding new documents.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some users from opening documents.
- Fixed the "Save As" dialog flow in Word.
November 22, 2017 (22.214.171.124)
- Fixed issue where the user was not prompted to save changes in Excel after changes were made to the workbook in Drive.
October 25, 2017 (126.96.36.199)
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Google access token from being refreshed.
- Fixed a file history issue when the file is created by the plugin.
September 14, 2017 (188.8.131.52)
- Improved sign out flow to ask users to choose one of the following actions:
- Save Changes―Saves the Drive documents opened in Excel, Word or Power Point (Google documents are automatically saved)
- Discard Changes―Close all open Drive documents without saving changes
- Cancel―Cancel sign out
- Temporary files from the Google Drive plug-in are not visible on Office’s jump lists.
- Fixed an issue where the "Save As" dialog was not properly shown.
- Fixed a prompt in VBA projects after Excel quits.
- Fixed an issue that changes the behavior of the F12 shortcut
June 07, 2017 (184.108.40.206)
- Fixed issue with file attachment GUID visible in printed Memo style.
- Fixed issue where plugin might not get loaded at Excel startup.
- Fixed misc UI scaling issues for 4K screens.
- Fixed issue in Outlook 2016 where the ACL prompt was not triggered.
March 13, 2017 (220.127.116.11)
- Implemented new Oauth flow to support modern OAuth interactions in Native Apps for Better Usability and Security. The new authentication flow has users authenticate through the default browser on the system, not an embedded browser known as “web-views”.
Important: This upgrade is mandatory for all users. After April 20, 2017 previous versions of the Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office will no longer support signing into the product using the deprecated embedded browsers also known as “web-views”.
- Fixed UI scaling issues for 4K screens
January 20, 2017 (18.104.22.168)
- Fixed issues that caused an empty popup window to appear when clicking "Open a file" from Google Drive.
- Fixed issue with Share dialog not adapting to proper window size.
July 11, 2016 (22.214.171.124)
- Fixed bug related to Korean and Russian languages causing issue opening files from Google Drive.
April 06, 2016 (126.96.36.199)
- Add new Outlook support, including:
- Insert files using Drive.
- Update sharing permissions.
- Save incoming attachments to Drive.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?