If you have Drive Enterprise edition, upgrade to G Suite Enterprise to get this service.
As a G Suite administrator, you can manage the features available for Hangouts Meet video meetings.
Note: Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, go to How changes propagate to Google services.
Before you begin: To apply the setting for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to set by department) or put them in a configuration group (to set for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteHangouts Meet and Google Hangouts.
- Click Meet settings.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit or a configuration group.
- Choose a setting:
- Telephony—Events and invitations include a phone number for guests to join meetings by phone.
- Client logs upload—Users’ web browser and mobile app log information is sent to Google. This includes users’ email addresses and other information. Google uses it to help troubleshoot support requests from your organization.
- Recording—Let people record their meetings. Recordings save to the meeting owner’s Google Drive. For details, see Turn recording on or off for Meet.
- Stream—Let people stream their meetings live to a large audience. For details, see Turn live streaming on or off for Meet.
- Default video quality—You can set the default bandwidth for video calls.
- Interoperability—Allow users of third-party videoconferencing systems to join your organization’s Hangouts Meet video meetings. For details, see Set up interoperability.
- Click Save. If you configured an organizational unit or group, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit, or Unset a group.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, go to How changes propagate to Google services.